Tuesday 16 August 2011

Madonna's Daughter Lola In Fashion



Even though she has her own clothing line, Lourdes Leon - better known to the masses as Lola, the daughter of Madonna - admits she a lot to learn when they first launched the brand had Material Girl.

"It was really hard at first because I did not know what I did," Lola, dressed in a tank top and denim cutoffs, said in a recent interview. "I was like:" You do not know many people wearing it. Wont let me wear. "It was not even that looked good on me. I was like, 'Let me do this because not many people do it." Now I feel I can follow the fashion a lot better than I used to, but also some of my own twist to it. "

Her learning curve is understandable: After all, she's only 14. But she is already a fashion star with Material Girl, which is aimed at teens and sold at Macy's. The line, which she launched with her mother last year, is now branching into cosmetics, nail polish and underwear.

With typical teenage banter and laughs, Lola told her vision Material Girl, her mother and fashion do's and don'ts.

AP: It's been one year since your clothing line launched. What have you learned about fashion from the past 12 months?

Lola: I learned a lot of things I do not wear or do. Like not wearing white to school, because that stuff really dirty quickly. I do not think you need shorts that are too small bear and I do not think you need shorts that are too large to wear, or because I find myself looking really hard. It takes me a long time to find the perfect pair of shorts to be found. I like the ones you can almost pull your navel to, what makes it look extra weird and retro.

AP: Your mother once told me that the two of you do not always agree on the designs.

Lola: Absolutely. Every day. ... I will be like: 'Mom, you can not wear that. " Or she will look like, "Lola, you can not wear that." Much of the time we do not listen to each other, but sometimes we do.

AP: When it comes to designing Material Girl, who wins?

Lola: Me. I have to tell her: "Mom, it is the case. This is what kids are doing today. If you do not, then suck." And she usually gives in

AP: Are you going to your mother's closet for inspiration?

Lola: Her closet is huge. All the time. I am always there and nobody knows where I am in the house, it is usually my mother closet and I'm usually with something without asking her. She gets mad at me.

AP: How does it feel to have a clothing line at such a young age?

Lola: It's really cool, and it's also nice to know that my friends enjoy, and know that many people enjoy because it's too much what I want. My friends have a great style. I go to an art school, so many of them are really artistic and passionate about a lot of things that inspire what they wear.

AP: Advice time. What is your idea of ​​a faux pas?

Lola: Do not wear white. I'm all for crop tops, but I do not like it when people wear crop tops to be trimmed. Really, do not be a Slut with your crop top. I think boots are always a "go-to," no matter what you wear, but you should always make sure they do not cut off your leg, because that's not good. If you are wearing heels, it's more comfortable to walk in platforms. Platforms always look good and they are more comfortable to wear and they make you look way bigger. I've used this a lot, but the hippie straps around your head are very out. Never have to wear that.

AP: Your line has expanded to include nail polish and underwear take. What is your ultimate vision for the collection?

Lola: I think it has continued to evolve and now it's at a point where we have so many things I use and I think people will really enjoy using, so I like it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes